Following Owls first swimming lesson last week, I have a few amendments to the arrangements:-
- Please can all children with long hair have it tied back and up and if possible have a swimming hat, this will prevent your child from having very wet hair and a damp patch on their sweatshirts.
- Children need to wear clothes that are easy to put on, we don’t have a lot of time for changing I’m afraid – tights are particularly tricky when legs are a little damp.
- Sweets are not to be brought into school for the journey back to school; the children have their fruit when we get back to school.
- Please can we have more volunteers to come on the swimming bus – the more people who volunteer, the fewer times you will need to come.
- Girls need to wear a one piece swimming costume and boys must not wear long and baggy shorts.
- If your child is unable to swim for any reason, please send a letter into school explaining the reason. Your child will be set work to do by Mr Donnelly and they will sit in Swifts classroom to complete the work.
Thanks very much for your help in these matters; they are all to make swimming an enjoyable experience for your child.