At Stannington First School we promote friendliness and promote anti-bullying throughout our school.
Our Governor responsible for anti bullying is Tim Hague.
Our named Staff member is Helen Stokoe.
For further information please refer to:
Bullying advice for parents leaflet
Bullying advice for children leaflet
In School our Play Ground Buddies make sure that everyone is included and are always there to lend a helping hand. Click on the link to visit their page on our website: http://stanningtonfirstschool.co.uk/buddies/
Anti-Bullying Week 2016
Anti-Bullying Week is coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance and this year takes place from the 14th-18th November.
The theme this year is ‘Power for Good’ with the following key aims:
- To support children and young people to use their Power for Good – by understanding the ways in which they are powerful and encouraging individual and collective action to stop bullying and create the best world possible.
- To help parents and carers to use their Power for Good – through supporting children with issues relating to bullying and working together with schools to stop bullying.
- To encourage all teachers, school support staff and youth workers to use their Power for Good – by valuing the difference they can make in a child’s life, and taking individual and collective action to prevent bullying and create safe environments where children can thrive.
How can you get involved in Anti-Bullying Week 2016?
- Children can nominate their teacher/member of school staff for a Power for Good Award
- Use your Power for Good wherever you are to help stop bullying and create the best world possible.
- Take part in the annual Anti Bullying film competition